Restore Damaged Teeth With CEREC®
Some patients have larger than average cavities or extensive tooth damage that require more than just a simple filling. In many of these cases, a crown would be recommended. Same day crowns are available at Signature Family Dentistry. We are proud to offer CEREC® same day crown technology. Using CEREC® digital dentistry technology, we are able to offer same-day restorations to patients in need of crowns or other dental restorations. This is done by digital oral scans and a milling machine that is right in our office. Patients are able to leave the office with a beautifully restored tooth, without the need to wear a temporary crown while they wait for a permanent replacement.
So how does it work?
How CEREC® Works
CEREC® uses advanced digital technology to restore weak, damaged, and broken teeth. At Signature Family Dentistry, we use CEREC® when a custom crown is needed to cap a tooth after dental implant placement, or to help strengthen a tooth with a large cavity to create additional protection for the filling.
- First, we will prepare the tooth for the restoration
- Take an optical impression of the tooth using digital technology
- CEREC® 3D software will convert digital images into a virtual model
- A custom restoration will be designed
- The data is sent to our in-office milling machine, which produces a ceramic, tooth-colored restoration
- Finally, we will place the restoration and properly adjust the bite for the most comfortable fit
Do you have questions about tooth restoration or our CEREC® same day crown technology? We would be happy to help! A consultation is the best way to determine if you are a good candidate for this simple in office procedure. Contact our office in Holly Springs, NC or Angier, NC today. We look forward to meeting you!